It’s important to understand how Social Security disability benefits work before you apply. Here’s a quick 5-question “Do I qualify for disability quiz” to test your knowledge. The quiz answers below also provide you with a few facts about disability benefits.
Social Security Disability Benefit Pop Quiz Questions
1) True or False? There are ‘special rules’ in place for Social Security disability applicants over the age of 50.
2) True or False? If you are receiving monthly Social Security disability benefits, you’re not allowed to work.
3) True or False? $3,148 is the maximum amount of money you can receive in Social Security disability benefits each month for 2021.
4) True or False? Everyone has to wait at least 6 months before getting approved for disability benefits.
5) True or False? Social Security disability lawyers don’t charge anything for helping you unless you win.
SSD Quiz Answer Guide
1) True. Applicants over 50 may benefit from ‘special rules‘ when applying for Social Security disability. These rules take into consideration that older workers may have a harder time finding work and transitioning to other jobs.
2) False. The Social Security Administration (SSA) has programs such as Ticket to Work specifically designed to give beneficiaries the opportunity to start working again while keeping their monthly benefits.
3) True. According to the Social Security Administration’s 2021 Fact Sheet, the most Social Security disability benefits anyone can receive in 2021 is $3,148 per month.
4) False. Under certain situations, the SSA may approve some SSD claims much faster. For example, a condition on the Compassionate Allowance List (CAL) may get approved in as little as two weeks.
5) True. All Social Security advocates and attorneys work on contingency. That means you’ll pay nothing for professional help unless a lawyer helps you win benefits. Your advocate already knows the ins-and-outs of applying for Social Security disability. And a lawyer can ensure all proper documentation goes to the SSA along with your claim forms. In fact, having a lawyer file your disability application makes you 2x more likely to qualify for benefits on your first try. A lawyer can also make sure the SSA awards you any lump-sum backpay you’re owed. This back payment can cover up to 12 months’ worth of disability benefits in a single check.
These quiz answers may surprise you, but we update them with the most current information directly from the SSA.
Ready to see if you may qualify? Click the button below to start your free disability benefits evaluation now!